Schedule a callback.
Alternatively, you can request a callback at a time more suitable to you.
Our Mechanics Insurance Policies.
Our Mechanics Insurance Policies are designed to incorporate the specific types of cover required by most mechanics, garages and repair shops. All of our policies are flexible and tailored to your individual requirements. By offering an insurance package specifically tailored for mechanics, we will save you time and money overall.
We will always get your exact requirements before getting you the best quote so you don’t pay for cover you don’t need in your business.
Are you a mobile mechanic?
If you’re a mobile mechanic, we know you’ll need a different type of policy that doesn’t necessarily cover premises. We’ll be able to tailor your cover accordingly to cover the tools and equipment inside your vehicle and add breakdown and glass repair to your vehicle(s). We can even add your own vehicles to the policy to make things simpler overall.
Why Quote Me Today?
Tailored Insurance For All Types Of Motor Traders
We have insured all types of motor trades over the years and we have built up an effective low cost set of policies suited to different traders.
Combined Insurance Cover That Works For You
Mechanics will require a different insurance policy covering loss, damage or theft of tools, accidental damage to customers vehicles and liability insurance.
Great Deals For Part Time Mechanics
We know that some mechanics split their trades and we can provide cover for you even if it isn’t your primary occupation.
Instant Cover Available
If you are happy with our quote, we can put you on cover straight away. All you will need is your credit or debit card.
Flexible Payment Options
We can help you spread the cost of your payments on a monthly basis to make things easier.
Years Of Experience
Quote Me Today has been in business for a long time providing low cost commercial and trade insurance to thousands of customers.
What’s Different About A Mechanics Insurance Policy?
With every trade comes specific requirements for getting the right type of cover. Whilst we all strive to do the best job we can, sometimes things can go wrong and it’s important that you have the right cover in place.
A typical mechanics insurance policy can include:
Why not call us on
01227 285 540
Our Mechanics Insurance Policy Explained.
Our mechanic insurance policies will be tailored to meet the needs of your specific business, whether it is your full time or part time occupation and whether you work from your home or a separate business premises. We cater for all types of mechanics to make sure they get the right type of cover at the right price. We will recommend the elements of a policy that will be most beneficial to your individual situation but you can choose the type of cover you need.
All of the types of cover can be combined into one policy to suit your requirements:
Cover For Driving Vehicles On The Road (Road Risk)
- This is the bare minimum insurance cover you will need to operate within the motor trade. This provides you with cover for driving any vehicle in your care, custody or control that isn’t owned by you. You will need to test drive cars after carrying out work on them and you will need road risks insurance for this.
This part of the cover is similar to personal car insurance in giving you three levels of cover;
- Third Party – Will cover injury, loss or damage to a third party and their vehicle but not to you or your vehicle. Any passengers in your car would be covered.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – Covered as Third Party Only but in addition this level of cover pays out for damage, theft, fire or loss to vehicles that you (the motor trader) are responsible for within your work duties.
- Fully Comprehensive – As well as covering two levels of cover, you would be covered for accidental damage to any vehicles that you are responsible for or own. If you were driving one of your customer’s cars and were to be involved in an accident and the car was damaged, the insurance company would pay for the repairs (less the excess).
- Talk to us us about adding zero excess to your policy.
- This will cover you for theft, loss or damage to your tools, stock, cash and equipment and customers vehicles that are left on your premises at night.
– This will cover you in the event of damage caused by vandals on the premises.
– If you work out of a business premises, we can put this cover under your combined policy.
Public Liability Insurance
– This will protect your business from claims made against you by third parties for injuries or damage to property, caused as a result of your business activities. For example if you repaired a car that was involved in an accident on the customer’s journey home due to a brake failure or a tyre working itself loose following its replacement at your facility, you would be covered for any damages to the customer’s property or assets.
Employer’s Liability Insurance
- You are required if you employ anyone, to cover the cost of compensation, should they be unfortunate to be injured whilst at work.
In addition to being able to tailor your Road Risk and Liability Cover to suit your needs, we also have a range of additional cover options to give you extra peace of mind, including:
Legal Expenses Cover
- Legal Expenses Cover is a type of insurance you can buy as part of your Motor Trade Insurance to cover yourself against the potential costs of legal action either brought by you or against you as a road user.
- This will cover your own vehicle, so you can be recovered back to your premises in the event of a breakdown.
- If you are unfortunate enough to need to make a claim you can recover your excess after the event.
- We offer cover for the repair or replacement of damaged windows or the windscreen of vehicles owned by the policy holder.
All our additional policies have different covers, so please check your policy wording.