Schedule a callback.
Alternatively, you can request a callback at a time more suitable to you.
The Basic Cover For Any Motor Trade.
Motor Trade Insurance is a more common name for a policy containing Road Risk Insurance.
Do you sell, repair or valet vehicles from a separate business premises or privately from your home address? Then it is essential that, as a motor trader, you have the right type of insurance. Quote Me Today are experienced motor trade brokers and insure most types of motor trades.
The level of cover that you will require will depend on your business location, whether you work full or part time, and the level of cover you require. By law you will be required to have a minimum of third party cover to operate within the motor trade.
If you’re unsure as to the level of trade cover you need, fill in the quick quote form on this page and one of our advisors will help you get the right cover for your business.
Do you sell or repair vehicles from home?
If you’re a motor trader selling, repairing or valeting vehicles from your own premises, you may only need a Road Risk Insurance policy. This will cover you to drive vehicles that you don’t own.Road Risk Insurance
Why Choose Quote Me Today?
Lowest Rates On Your Motor Trade Cover
We have access to the largest panel of motor trade insurers in the UK. This guarantees you get the lowest prices without sacrificing the quality of your cover.
Great Deals For Part Time Motor Traders
You don’t have to be a full time motor trader to get the best deals on your insurance. We have the flexibility with our policies to save you money.
Combined Insurance Cover That Works For You
Whether you just require Road Risks Only Insurance or a combined policy, We can cover your business premises, stock and liability too. Whatever you need, we can tailor an insurance package that works for you.
An Expert Dedicated Motor Trade Team
Our advisors specialise in motor trade insurance and are on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Flexible Payment Options With Instant Cover
We can help you spread the cost of your payments on a monthly basis to make things easier. If you are happy with our quote, we can put on you cover straight away.
We Are Leading Trade Insurance Brokers
Quote Me Today has been in business for a long time providing low cost commercial and trade insurance to thousands of customers.
Who Needs A Motor Trade Policy?
There are many types of businesses and skilled trades that fall under the category of motor trade. We can provide cover for nearly all types of motor trader.
The list below shows some examples of the types of business that are considered “Motor Trade” businesses.
If your type of trade isn’t listed, please contact us as we will still be able to give you a competitive insurance quote.
Why not call us on
01227 285 540
Our Motor Trade Insurance Policy Explained.
Our motor trade policies (also known as Traders Combined Cover) will be tailored to meet your specific business requirements. Whether it is your full time or part time occupation and whether you work from your home or a separate business premises. Usually, a combined motor trade insurance policy will consist of several parts. We will recommend the elements of a policy that will be most beneficial to your individual situation but you can choose the cover you need.
All of the types of cover can be combined into one policy to suit your requirements:
Cover For Driving Vehicles On The Road (Road Risk)
- This is the bare minimum insurance cover you will need to operate within the motor trade. This provides you with cover for driving any vehicle in your care, custody or control that isn’t owned by you. This part of the cover is similar to personal car insurance in giving you three levels of cover;
- Third Party – Will cover injury, loss or damage to a third party and their vehicle but not to you or your vehicle. Any passengers in your car would be covered.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – Covered as Third Party Only but in addition this level of cover pays out for damage, theft, fire or loss to vehicles that you (the motor trader) are responsible for within your work duties.
- Fully Comprehensive – As well as covering two levels of cover, you would be covered for accidental damage to any vehicles that you are responsible for or own. If you were driving one of your customer’s cars and were to be involved in an accident and the car was damaged, the insurance company would pay for the repairs (less the excess).
Public Liability Cover
– This will protect your business from claims made against you by third parties for injuries or damage to property, caused as a result of your business activities. For example, if you sold a car that was involved in an accident on the customer’s journey home due to a brake failure or a tyre working itself loose following its replacement at your facility. You would be fully covered for any damages to the customer’s property or assets.
Employer’s Liability Cover
- You are required if you employ anyone, to cover the cost of compensation, should they be unfortunate to be injured whilst at work.
- This will cover for the cars you have in stock, your tools and machinery, your office equipment and even your business premises can be added into a combined policy should you need it.
In addition to being able to tailor your road risk and liability cover to suit your needs, we also have a range of additional cover options to give you extra peace of mind, including:
Legal Expenses Cover
- Legal Expenses Cover is a type of insurance you can buy as part of your motor trade insurance to cover yourself against the potential costs of legal action either brought by you or against you as a road user.
- This will cover your own vehicle, so you can be recovered back to your premises in the event of a breakdown.
- If you are unfortunate enough to need to make a claim you can recover your excess after the event.
- We offer cover for the repair or replacement of damaged windows or the windscreen of vehicles owned by the policy holder.
All our additional policies have different covers, so please check your policy wording.
Get a More Specific Quote
We also offer quotes for more tailored packages. Based on our knowledge and experience, we can put a base level quote together for certain trades knowing the kind of cover you require.