When do I need to update the MID?
- All vehicles in your custody and control for longer than 7 days need to be added to the MID.
How do I update the MID?
- Please select your Insurer from the Drop Down box and follow the online instructions.
Please note the following;
Updates can take up to 7 working days to appear on the MID
Trade value only will be paid out in the event of a claim. This includes personal vehicles.
Ensure you have given us the correct vehicle details, this includes the correct registration number, as Quote Me Today cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information given or the consequences thereafter.
If you fail to remove a vehicle from your Motor Trade Policy it stays on the Motor Insurance Database in your name.
That means you may still be liable on your insurance for claims involving a vehicle long after you have sold it.
- Lose your No Claims Bonus
- Get a bad claims record
- Pay more for Motor Trade Insurance
- Be liable to pay for losses to your Insurer
Motor Insurance Database Update