Please follow the instructions to update the MID for your insurer.
Need a quote for motor trade insurance?Get A Quote
Save money on your current policy and get a tailored quote within minutes.
- Low prices
- Tailored Policies
- Access to the largest range of schemes on the market.
Please note the following;
- Updates can take up to 7 working days to appear on the Motor Insurance Database.
- Trade value only will be paid out in the event of a claim. This includes personal vehicles.
- Ensure you have given us the correct vehicle details, this includes the correct registration number, as Quote Me Today cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information given or the consequences thereafter.
- If you fail to remove a vehicle from your Motor Trade Policy it stays on the Motor Insurance Database in your name.
- When should I remove vehicles from the database?
- When should I add vehicles to the database?
- What vehicles should I add to the database?
If you fail to remove a vehicle, you may still be liable for claims involving the vehicle even though you have sold it.
- Lose your No Claims Bonus
- Get a bad claims record
- Pay more for Motor Trade Insurance
- Be liable to pay for losses to your Insurer
All vehicles in your custody and control for longer than 7 days need to be added to the MID.
- All personally owned vehicles registered to you
- Customers’ vehicles in your custody or control
- Other vehicles, irrespective of the duration, regularly covered under your policy for motor trade purposes