What cover do you need?
If you use any vehicles to run your business, whether you are a plumber, sales man, builder or delivery firm, you need business use included in your road risk cover. And if you run more than 2 vehicles, whether you have a number of business cars, high performance cars, vans, tipper trucks, HGV’s, articulated lorries or even a mixed commercial fleet, it is important to protect them properly to minimise any disruption should an accident or incident occur. A fleet policy may be a practical, time saving, value for money solution for you.
In addition to the standard vehicle cover, we have a wide range of optional cover options to help you tailor the policy to your needs, including:
- Courtesy car extension – To help you keep your fleet moving if one is taken off the road due to an incident, you can add courtesy car cover to help your business run more smoothly and minimise the risk of business disruption
- Trailer cover – If you use trailers, such as articulated lorry trailers, we can cover these too against loss or damage as an extension to the standard cover
- Plant and tool cover – if you have hired or your own plant machinery and tools in your vehicles, these too can be covered at an additional cost to help cover the cost of repair or replacement if they are damaged or stolen
- Employer’s Liability Insurance – required if you employ anyone, to cover the cost of compensation, should they be unfortunate to be injured whilst at work
- Public Liability Insurance - to protect your business from claims made by third parties for injuries or damage to property, caused as a result of your business activities. For example, if you dinted a vehicle while unloading your van
- Goods in transit cover – to cover the items you are moving, whether these are yours, for ‘hire and reward’ or owned by a customer. There are a range of cover levels available including protection for high-value goods, such as wines, spirits and electrical items
- Legal expenses cover – this can provide you with legal advice for uninsured loss recovery.
- Protected No Claims Bonus – this gives you the ability to keep your NCB even if you are unfortunate enough to have to make a claim
- Breakdown cover – as your vehicles may be travelling far from home it is often worth considering breakdown cover, to minimise any interruption to your business if there were mechanical issues
- Excess Protection – if you are unfortunate enough to need to make a claim you can recover your excess after the event
- Windscreen Cover (NEW) – following feedback from our customers we now also offer cover for the repair or replacement of damaged windows or the windscreen of any vehicles you personally own.
Our specialist advisers can help you identify exactly which policy features you require, to ensure you are neither left vulnerable nor paying over the odds for cover you do not require.
All our additional policies have different covers, so please check your policy wording.
Our specialist advisers will take the time to understand your specific business needs, making the policy as simple or comprehensive as you want with our range of additional cover features detailed above.
As we have a wide variety of schemes available to us we can cover the majority of our customers’ needs, including ‘Any driver cover’ for those over 21 (subject to terms and conditions), or you can specify a number of named drivers to keep your costs down.
Unlike many providers we can cover drivers with driving and criminal convictions and those with previous claims and accidents. We also allow you to add private vehicles to your fleet policy to make your life easier and help you budget.
Get a quote today
So whether you are looking for a standalone small fleet policy, or a comprehensive combined policy including public and employer liability cover just complete the simple form above or call one of our advisers on 01227 285 540 to discuss your options. We can go through all of your protection needs individually to find a quote that meets all your needs.