What cover do you need?
If your business transports goods of any kind you will need a specialist courier policy to ensure your vehicles are properly protected. This is regardless of whether you are a single vehicle, self employed delivery driver or a large courier company with a fleet of vehicles, and whether you are doing single or multiple drops, take the time to ensure you and your vehicles are properly protected.
In addition to the standard vehicle cover, we have a wide range of optional cover options to help you tailor the policy to your needs, including:
- Employer’s Liability Insurance - required if you employ anyone, to cover the cost of compensation, should they be unfortunate to be injured whilst at work
- Public Liability Insurance - to protect your business from claims made by third parties for injuries or damage to property, caused as a result of your business activities. For example, if you dented a vehicle while unloading your van
- Goods in transit cover - to cover the items you are moving, whether these are yours, for ‘hire and reward’ or owned by a customer. There are a range of cover levels available including protection for high-value goods, such as wines, spirits and electrical items
- Legal expenses cover - this can provide you with legal advice for uninsured loss recovery.
- Protected No Claims Bonus - this gives you the ability to keep your NCB even if you are unfortunate enough to have to make a claim
- Breakdown cover - as your vehicles may be travelling far from home it is often worth considering breakdown cover, to minimise any interruption to your business if there were mechanical issues
- Excess Protection - if you are unfortunate enough to need to make a claim you can recover your excess after the event.
- Windscreen Cover (NEW) - following feedback from our customers we now also offer cover for the repair or replacement of damaged windows or the windscreen of any vehicles you personally own.
Our specialist advisers can help you identify exactly which policy features you require, to ensure you are neither left vulnerable nor paying over the odds for cover you do not require.
All our additional policies have different covers, so please check your policy wording.
As we have a wide variety of schemes available to us we can cover the majority of our customers’ needs, including people entering the courier business for the first time, drivers with driving and criminal convictions and those with previous claims and accidents.
We offer cover for a wide range vehicles from small Peugeot Partners, through to Mercedes Sprinters and large panel Ford Transit vans, up to 3.5 tonne gross vehicle weight. Alternatively, if your vehicle is over 3.5 tonne we may have a truck or HGV policy to suit your needs.
Get a cheap quote today
So whether you are looking for a standalone courier policy, or a policy with goods in transit cover too, just complete the simple form above or call one of our advisers on 01227 285 540 to discuss your options. We can go through all of your protection needs individually to find a cheap courier insurance quote that covers them all.