Schedule a callback.
Alternatively, you can request a callback at a time more suitable to you.
What Is HGV Insurance?
HGV insurance, also known as haulage and own goods insurance, has been specifically designed for the needs of any businesses that use HGVs or other forms of haulage vehicles. We tailor our policies to suit your specific requirements and take into account, among other things, the size of your business, the type of goods that you carry and the number of people you require to drive your vehicles.
We can only insure drivers with an operators licence which allows us to keep our rates down.
This means we are able to offer the lowest prices around for your HGV insurance.
We have big discounts for multiple vehicle cover.
Fill in our quote form and speak to one of our HGV team to get a low cost, fleet policy tailored to your business with extra discounts.
Why Quote Me Today?
Cover For 7.5 to 44 Tonne Vehicles
We specifically target insurance cover for this weight range to allow us to offer the lowest rates on the market between 7.5 and 44 tonne lorries.
We Are Specialist HGV Insurance Brokers
Apart from having former hauliers working for us, we have expert industry knowledge which allows us to tailor insurance at individual policy level.
Goods In Transit, Breakdown Assistance & European Cover All Available.
We make our policies suit your needs and can combine all required elements into one simple to manage policy. This reduces costs and saves you excess admin.
Instant Cover Available
If you are happy with our quote, we can put you on cover straight away. All you will need is your credit or debit card.
Flexible Payment Options
We can help you spread the cost of your payments on a monthly basis to make things easier.
Years Of Experience
Quote Me Today has been in business for a long time providing low cost haulage insurance to HGV, truck and lorry companies all over the UK.
What’s Covered Under A Typical Policy?
Haulage is a business, lifestyle and income. Protecting that requires the correct level of cover for all aspects of the business. At Quote Me Today, we combine all the elements of cover you require into one simple policy. Our flexibility with our insurers allows us to tailor a policy specifically for your business needs.
The haulage industry covers a wide range of businesses from sole suppliers to large fleet operators. Each business has different needs, for example, different vehicle sizes, vehicle specifications ranging from skip lorries to large refrigerated articulated lorries, customer contracts and goods carried. We can easily amend your HGV insurance policy to consider these needs but it does not stop there.
A typical HGV policy would include:
Why not call us on
01227 285 540
Our HGV Insurance Policy Explained.
Many insurers offer a “one size fits all” HGV policy. Quote Me Today’s commitment to both meeting the needs of hauliers, in today’s complex world, and our relationship with our insurers, mean that we are able to offer you a more tailored solution. This means that you don’t pay for cover that your business does not require.
The key areas that would make up your HGV insurance policy would be:
Cover For Driving HGV’s On The Road (Road Risk)
– In addition to the standard considerations, such as who you want to be able to drive your vehicles, have you considered cover for driving abroad? CMR cover (Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road) is required if you move goods between 2 different countries including the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and most of Europe.
Employee Liability Cover
– This is required if you employ anyone, to cover the cost of compensation, should they be unfortunate to be injured whilst at work under your employment.
Third Party Liability Cover
– You need sufficient cover for any sub-contract terms and conditions you currently have or may need in the future. Having the right level of third party liability cover can not only protect your costs in the unfortunate event of an incident, but can also help you win new lucrative contracts.
HGV Goods In Transit Cover
– Cargos can be very expensive, so it is essential to have the right protection for the types of goods you carry. We offer cover for most needs, including temperature controlled goods and hazardous materials requiring an ADR licence (European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by road).
– Having the right level of cover here can also help you get the competitive edge when tendering for new contracts.
Haulage Distribution Centre Contracts
– Some customers have specific insurance requirements. For example, if you work at a distribution hub we can tailor your cover to meet your customer’s contract needs.