There are also various different types of liability policies that can be included in a Motor Trade Policy which give valuable cover:
- Public Liability Insurance – will protect your business from claims made by third parties for injuries or damage to property, caused as a result of your business activities. For example if you sold a car that was in an accident on the customer’s journey home due to the brakes failing or a tyre worked loose following its replacement you would be covered for any damages
- Employer’s Liability Insurance – required if you employ anyone, to cover the cost of compensation, should they be unfortunate enough to be injured whilst at work.
- Asset Cover – cover for the cars you have in stock, your tools and machinery, your office equipment and even your business premises can be added into a combined policy should you need it.
- We can sometimes offer policies where you can use an No Claims Bonus earned on a private or company car policy, but this will need to be discussed with the insurance advisor when you call.
Van – Your No Claims Bonus needs to have been earned on a policy with the same type of use, within the last 12 months, in the UK and in your name.
HGV – Your No Claims Bonus needs to have been earned on a commercial policy, driving any size HGV, within the last 12 months, in the UK and in your name.
HGV – Quote Me Today’s HGV policies cover lorries from 7.5 to 44 tonne. We do try to accommodate most vehicles and typically cover flatbeds, skip carriers, tippers, tankers, articulated trucks, rigid body trucks, refrigerated and temperature controlled containers, curtain sliders, gritters and sweepers. We can also cover vehicles that carry hazardous goods, including those for which you need an ADR licence (see below for more details).
Van – Quote Me Today’s van policies cover all types of vehicle up to 3.6 tonne, whatever the design or goods carried.
If you are unsure whether your vehicles can be covered why not speak to one of our advisers, who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact us directly on 01227 285 540.
We also offer single vehicle or fleet policies for people with a number of lorries, vans or cars.
The details of these can be found in your policy letter and your Statement of Insurance in your policy pack.
You may also be able to reduce your price by increasing your policy excess or changing your cover levels. We will happily discuss your cheaper quote with you to make sure you are getting the right cover.
Quote Me Today specialise in giving the best, most suitable policies rather than a “one size fits all” approach.
Please bear in mind though, that unlike with private car policies, if you change insurer and have made a claim, your new insurer may step back your NCB entitlement.
- Motor Trade – Yes. We also offer the ability to use your No Claims Bonus accrued on a private car for your business if you are setting up in the Motor Trade business for the first time. This gives you the helping hand you need when starting out in a new venture. Ask the advisor for more details when you give us a call on 01227 285 540, selecting option 1.
- Van – Yes, call us on 01227 285 540, selecting option 1, for a quote.
- HGV – Yes, call us on 01227 285 540, selecting option 1, for a quote.
Looking For Cheap Motor Trade Insurance?
Call us on 01227 285 540
or fill in our quick quote form.
You may also want to look at…
- Goods In Transit Insurance Questions
- Van Insurance Questions
- SME Business Insurance Questions
- Professional Indemnity Insurance Questions
- Motor Trade Insurance Questions
- Liability Insurance Questions
- HGV Insurance Questions
- Driving School Insurance Questions
- Fleet Insurance Questions
- Courier Insurance Questions